11KBW will be holding a seminar on the High Court judgment in the critically important group litigation case of Various Claimants v WM Morrison Ltd. This hugely important judgment is to be considered at a seminar to be held at 6.00pm at 11KBW on 16 January 2018 at the Turing Lecture Theatre, IET London Savoy Place, 2 Savoy Pl, London WC2R 0BL.
Issues to be discussed will include:
– the court’s approach to the application of the seventh data protection principle concerning data security
– the court’s conclusion that the DPA could be construed so as to enable an innocent employer/data controller to be fixed with common law vicarious liability for a breach of the DPA effected by a third party data controller;
– the court’s analysis of the relationship between the DPA and the common law
– the court’s conclusion that the rogue employee was ‘acting in the course of his employment’ when he criminally disclosed the payroll data, notwithstanding that this disclosure was effected whilst the employee was off work and for the specific purpose of damaging his employer
– whether the GDPR may call for a different approach
Date: 16 January 2018
Venue: Turing Lecture Theatre, IET London Savoy Place, 2 Savoy Pl, London WC2R 0BL
Registration from 5.30pm with the seminar starting at 6pm until 7pm with a drinks reception afterwards.
The seminar is free of charge
How to book?
To book your place on this conference please email RSVP@11kbw.com with the delegate name, firm, email address.
Please note that spaces for this event are limited and would advise early booking.
You will be then sent a confirmation email of your place.