If our new episode wasn’t enough of a Christmas present, we’re delighted to announce another chance to win a “golden ticket” to our Information Law Conference on 14 March 2024!
Hidden among Robin’s insights about collective litigation of data/privacy claims is a line of (who else?) Gene-Wilder-as-Willy-Wonka dialogue. If you recognise it, email the quotation and time-stamp to email@example.com by the end of next week to be entered into our prize draw. (See below for T&Cs and privacy notice.)
Congratulations in the meantime to Ian Cutting-Jones (South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust) who recognised our Die Hard reference (“And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer”) and won our first competition! Welcome to the party, pal.
Honourable (and consensual) mentions to Paula Williamson (Partner, Privacy & Data Protection Solicitor at Excello Law, and Director of Content at Tenjin), Sadaf Anwar (Solicitor at City of London Corporation), Ben Fearnley-Sander (lawyer with the Government Legal Department) and Sam Grimley – all of whom got the correct answer but narrowly missed out on the prize.
We wish all our readers and listeners a joyful and reinvigorating festive season, and look forward to catching up in the New Year!
Terms and conditions
- Any email which is received to the firstname.lastname@example.org email inbox which contains the correct reference and time-stamp (as judged by 11KBW) and is received before 11:59pm on 5 January 2024 (“a qualifying email”) will be entered into the prize draw.
- One qualifying email will be selected at random from all of the qualifying emails. The email which is selected at random will be the “winning email”.
- The sender of the winning email (“Winner”) may nominate, within 28 days of being notified that they are the Winner, any individual (“Delegate”) to attend the 11KBW Information Law Conference 2024 free of charge. 11KBW may agree to accept a nomination after this period, or change the nominated Delegate at any time, at its sole discretion.
- In the event that the Winner for any reason cannot accept the prize, another qualifying email will be selected at random, and so on.
- Members, pupils and staff of 11KBW, and their immediate families, are not eligible (i) to enter the competition or (ii) to be nominated as a Delegate.
We will not use any personal data provided in connection with this competition for any purpose other than determining the winner of the competition, informing candidates of the outcome and awarding the prize. Full details of how we handle personal data can be found in our privacy notice: https://panopticonblog.com/privacy/
If however you would like to receive updates from Panopticon, you can subscribe here to the blog and follow us at https://twitter.com/11KBWpanopticon.